1. The meat is removed from the fresh abalone shell, by sliding a short-bladed knife around then edge, between the flesh and the shell, cutting the flesh from then shell.
2. Drying is naturally performed through age old drying techniques, the abalone is left to dry for 3 months.
3. The abalone is then stored to age for 1 year.
存放 – 鲍鱼需存放1年之久。
4. Rehydration – soak dried abalone in distilled water between 4 ~ 7 days depending on size.
泡发 – 根据鲍鱼的大小将鲍鱼浸泡于蒸馏水中4-5天。
Braised Abalone with sweet potato and greens
A delicious meal in only 20 minutes using the Candy Abalone Ready to Eat will Tasmanian dried abalone.
仅需20分钟即可亨用 – 顿美味佳肴使用来自溏心鲍鱼的塔斯马尼亚野生干鲍。
- Ready to eat candy abalone 即食溏心鲍鱼
- Sweet potato 红薯
- Spinach 菠菜
- Ready to eat sauce 即食鲍汁
1. Place the closed packet in a pot of water and bring to the boil.
2. Once the water has boiled reduce to a simmer (90℃) for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from the pot, pour the sauce and abalone onto a plate and serve with sweet potato and spinach.
Unique ready to eat abalone exclusively pre-prepared by master abalone chef Mr Lee Chiang Howe.
Traditional style dried abalone recipe
- Dried abalone 干鲍
- Chicken 老母鸡
- Pork ribs猪排骨
- Chicken feet 鸡爪
- Pork skin 猪皮
- Oil 食用油
- Brandy 白兰地酒
- Chinese maltose 麦芽糖
- Stock 高汤
- Dark soy sauce 老抽
1. Soak the dried abalone in distilled water between 4 and 7 days depending on size. Change the water daily whilst keeping the abalone refrigerated.
2. Use a pair of scissors to remove the mouth area of the abalone. Wash the abalone with water.
3. To soften the texture of the abalone, use the soaking water from step one and boil the abalone for 30 to 60 minutes, depending on size. Allow it to cool down to room temperature, for 12 hours.
4. Cut the chicken, pork ribs, chicken feet and pork skin into 10cm pieces. Boil the ingredients to remove any contamination. Use paper towel to dry before deep frying until golden brown.
5. Begin by placing the bamboo sheet/mat inside the Chinese style clay pot to prevent sticking. Then place half of the previously prepared mixture into the pot. Follow by transferring the boiled abalone and lastly place the remaining mixture on top. Put the boiled water from step 3 into the pot and add more water until the final layer is submerged.
6. Braise for 2 days continuously, 10 hours each day with a total of 20 hours. Add oyster sauce in the last 5 hours of braising.
7. Remove the mixture, abalone and bamboo sheet from the pot. To make the sauce in a separate pot lightly frey the oil, brandy, Chinese maltose, stock and dark soy sauce. Mix the sauce with abalone to serve.